(Library, Reading Room, Recommended Books, Help for Catalog, My Loans)
Library, Literatury Loans, Reading Room
Centre of Scientific Information 3. FM CU consists of a main faculty library and 50 sectional libraries in departments. The library subjects are foremost medicine and related biomedical disciplines, nursing and health prevention. Composition of the funds: monographs, textbooks, journals, videocassettes, diploma work, special documents, subscribed e-books, e- journals - on-line full-text acces and databases.
You can find the library and study room on the ground floor of the faculty at the end of the left wing. Your student card will provide you with access into the borrowing area and into the study room. However, you are not allowed to transport food or drink or bags into this area.
RULES FOR BORROWING INFORMATION MATERIALS - SVI 3. FM - Dean´s directive 2010/01
The valid Rules for Borrowing Information Materials (according to the Library Act of 2001 and to the Dean´s Directive No.1/2010) are given to every student in a printed form upon enrolment.
Literature Loans and Reading Room: tel. +420-267 102 103, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research: Ivana Konfrštová a Ivana Šturmová
Monday: 8–12 13–16
Tuesday: 8–12 13–16
Wednesday: 8–12 13–16
Thursday: 8–12 13–16
During the lunch break is possible individual study in the library, and it is possible to return the documents.
In this time is not possible to loan the documents.
RULES FOR BORROWING INFORMATION MATERIALS IN THE NEW ACADEMIC YEAR
Before borrowing new study material for the coming academic year, the students are obliged to:
- Return all study material undamaged, and meet all solicited claims;
- Present a credit book with a corroboration of regular enrollment for the coming academic year;
- Present a bar-code ID card of the Third Faculty of Medicine for a checkout;
- Register for or extend the users´ rights.
New services - Digitalization and Burns Services:
In the study room in Library, we installed a new computer (OS WinXP) and scanner for the A4 format as a new service of the library. It is for all users-meaning students and employees alike:
- Opportunity of a freely accessible PC station with a self-serving construction of digitalized tests from printed materials.
- The scanner is equipped with a dia-adapter that allows scanning transparent copies like transparency film or negative films.
- OCR opportunity (transmission of scanning text into an edited format)
- parameters of the scanner: hardware resolution 4800x9600dpi, bite depth 48bits,
- access to the internet and E-Resources
- Your data please saved to only DISC D:.
Scanner instructions are accessible directly from the desktop in PDF format. We recommend you use help that is detailed and localized for the programs.